Davao Language Academy (“the Company”) values and is committed to the protection of Personal Information. This Personal Information Protection Policy (“Policy”) explains the collection, processing and disclosure of your Personal Information pursuant to the Republic Act No. 10173, also known as the “Data Privacy Act of 2012” [An Act Protecting Individual Personal Information In Information And Communications System In The Government And The Private Sector, Creating For This Purpose A National Privacy Commission And For Other Purposes] which took effect on September 8, 2012 (the “Act”).
By visiting our website or by interacting with us or by providing Personal Information to us, or otherwise by acknowledging receipt of this Policy, you have read and consent and/or you are deemed to have read and consent to us using, collecting and processing your Personal Information in the manner described in this Policy.
Kindly note that the Company reserves the right to change, amend and/or vary this Policy at any time. You are advised to check this Policy from our website from time to time for amendments or updates.
B. Collection of Personal Information
- The Company collects your personal data in the course of your dealings with us including:-
Your personal details, including details relating to another person(s) who may be identified from the data;
- The contents of all information obtained from the membership and/or VIP forms and/or document(s) collected by us; and/or
- Other information (collectively referred to as “Personal Information”).
- Providing customer care and enhancing customer satisfaction, including but not limited to, resolving complaints, dealing with and/or responding to requests and inquiries, warranty, returns and other after sales services;
- To keep you informed of promotions, discounts, and/or events;
- To enhance our products and services;
- For internal record keeping, including but not limited to administration, processing, and matching any Personal Information held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- For statistical analysis;
- For recruitment purposes;
- For information and security purposes, including but not limited to managing and administering e-mail, handling and investigating any security related issue, vulnerability, and/or incidents;
- For the exercise of any functions conferred on any person by law and/or towards the administration of justice; and/or
- For any purpose incidental, ancillary or in furtherance of the above-mentioned purposes (collectively referred to as “Purposes”).
D. Disclosure to Third Parties
If and when necessary, your Personal Information may be disclosed to the following third parties:
- Authorized agents, contractors and third party service providers who provide services to the Company or any of the Purposes contemplated in Paragraph 2 above;
- External professional advisors and auditors;
- Governmental departments and authorities; and/or
Any affiliated companies of Davao Language Academy.
E. Security of Personal Information
- The Company may transfer your Personal Information to any of the 4×4 Superstore affiliate companies and/or any third party as set forth in Paragraph 3 above in, including but not limited to Japan, China, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, and Hong Kong. In the event that your Personal Information is transferred to a location outside of Philippines, including those indicated above, the Company shall ensure that confidentiality safeguards have been put in place to ensure your rights to Personal Information protection remains unaffected.
F. Access and Correction
- The Personal Information must be accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date. Should you be made aware of any inaccurate, incomplete or misleading Personal Information or where the Personal Information provided to us earlier have become incorrect or out of date, kindly notify us at the contact provided for in paragraph 9.
- You have the right to request access and correct your Personal Information and to withdraw your consent given to us hereunder. Such request, however, may be subject to the requirements of the Act and the Company’s request procedure and a prescribed fee as applicable.
G. Retention Standard
- Any Personal Information shall not be kept longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the Purposes above mentioned in Paragraph 2. We shall undertake to ensure that all Personal Information is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer required for the Purposes for which it was to be processed.
- For all further queries or request(s) kindly contact via the contact form on our website at Davao Language Academy.